I wont be winning $10m from Budweiser by predicting correctly all 32 picks but hey if you don’t buy a ticket you cant take part in the dance.
Here goes my annual leap into the pool of humiliation……..NFL Fan in England’s mock NFL Draft Round 1 2011.
Team – Predicted player, position, note.
1) Panthers – Marcel Dareus DT – This will be a minor shock but Dareus could do a Warren Sapp in Carolina
2) Broncos – Von Miller OLB – Broncos to give Tebow a chance and try and get defense upgraded
3) Bills – Cam Newton QB – Stunning move as Bills decide to get a new gunslinger to reverse fortunes
4) Bengals – Blaine Gabbert QB – This is possibly where Redskins trade up to but if not Bengals get their QB
5) Cardinals – Patrick Petersen CB – Cards need help in many places this is a best on board pick
6) Browns – AJ Green WR – Cleveland get the best WR in the draft
7) 49ers – Cameron Jordan DE – 49ers make their strong d-line even tougher
8) Titans – Nick Fairely DT – Titans get the next DL stud to stomp on ghost of fat Albert
9) Cowboys – Prince Amukamara CB – Cowboys need a new leader in the secondary
10) Redskins – Jake Locker QB – Only on the basis that Gabbert is gone and Redskins didn’t trade up
11) Texans – JJ Watt DE – The guy is like a human octopus arms everywhere and a big help to Super Mario
12) Vikings – Robert Quinn DE – Vikes wall is crumbling, now is the time to tear it down and start again
13) Lions – Tyron Smith OT – Lions are building up nicely and Smith will be an immediate starter
14) – Rams – Julio Jones WR – Rams smile as Jones surprisingly lands in their lap
15) Dolphins – Aldon Smith DE – Fins need quality injection in the d-line
16) Jaguars – Anthony Constanzo OT – Someone has to make holes for MJD and Rashad Jennings
17) Patriots – Mark Ingram RB – Green Ellis the Law Firm is not the answer, Ingram is.
18) Chargers – Mike Pouncey – OL – If he is as good as his twin Chargers are happy bunnies
19) Giants – Gabe Carimi OL – Giants o-line is old and Carimi is a workhorse lunch pail type.
20 ) Bucs – Corey Liuget DT – Tampa Bay combine McCoy and Liuget to form a formidable wall.
21) Chiefs – Da’Quan Bowers DE – KC pick best person on their board
22) Colts – Phil Taylor DT – Colts get serious on d-line with a big big blocker
23) Eagles – Muhammed Wilkerson DT – Bit of a surprise but Eagles always value d-line strenght
24) Saints – Akeem Ayers – Saints need a spark at LB, and Ayers can light it up
25) Seahawks – Jimmy Smith CB – Character concerns go out the window – fans no longer sleepless
26) Ravens – Jonathan Baldwin WR – Time for the Ravens to get a fresh face and a successor to Mason
27) Falcons – Stephen Paea DT – Falcons d-line is ok but this will start to make it special
28) Patriots – Ryan Kerrigan DE – Pats say thankyou very much.
29) Bears – Danny Watkins OG – The whole world knows the Bears need to upgrade offensive line
30) Jets – Marvin Austin DL – The Jets get someone who will help from right now
31) Steelers – Cam Heyward DE – Steelers like nothing better than boosting the d-line
32) Packers – Mikel Leshure RB – Surprising but Packers wont get him by end of 2nd.