I love statistics and I love watching Super Bowls.
It will in fact be my 23rd consecutive Superbowl that I will be viewing on tv in England.
To celebrate the game and to make the week leading up to the Superbowl a bit more personal to you all I would like you to post answers to twenty questions below in the comments section of this post.
Whilst I cannot promise a cash prize to the most accurate I will do an email interview with the winner and do a post devoted to your favourite NFL team.
So how do you play this quiz – Well it has 10 questions which can be answered YES or NO and then 10 questions which require either names or numbers. All questions are based on Superbowl XLIII between the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Round 1 – The YES or NO round (1 point per correct answer)
1) Will Kurt Warner pass for over 250 yards?
2) Will Willie Parker gain over 100 yards rushing?
3) Will Larry Fitzgerald lead all players (both teams) in recieving yards?
4) Will Troy Polamanu get an interception?
5) Will Steelers TE Heath Miller get a touchdown?
6) Will either Kurt Warner or Ben Roethlisberger get a rushing touchdown?
7) Will there be over 50 points scored in total (by both teams combined) in the game?
8) Will Cardinals RB Tim Hightower score a touchdown?
9) Will there be 5 or more sacks (by both teams combined) in the game?
10) Will there be a touchdown (of any type) of 50 yards or longer?
Round 2 – The Name round
11) Who will be the game MVP?
12) Who will be the leading rusher in the game?
13) Who will be the leading receiver in the game by yards?
14) Who will be the leading receiver in the game by catches?
15) Who if anyone will get two (or more) sacks? (you can answer nobody)
Round 3 – The number round
16) How many interceptions will be thrown in the game (total by both teams)?
17) How many total touchdowns will be scored (total by both teams)?
18) Which quarter will feature the most points scored (combined)?
19) How many players will record a sack?
20) What will be the length of the longest field goal kicked?
Good luck – I look forward to the entries below in the comments part of this blog post.