It was a bizarre enough experience being faced with a 40ft tall Jason Taylor (see the real people standing under umbrellas) when I went to Wembley last year for the first ever NFL regular season game to be played in England.
To find out that Jason Taylor will now be suiting up in the burgundy and gold of the Washington Redskins is possibly even more bizarre.
This means that somewhere someone is in possession of a giant #99 Dolphins shirt that is now as useful as as a marshmallow knife set.
I had a few thoughts………….
1) Maybe the shirt can be unstitched, layed out flat the Fins can reuse the material to make shirts for the 08 season?
2) Maybe the shirt can be be used as a sail on a boat, I know the GB team are good at yachting Olympic style, but do the NFL want to diversify into boat sponsorship ?
3) Get JT to sign the thing and put it on eBay, but dont tell anyone the size, just sell it with normal size shirts, and then sting the winning bidder at the end with the postage cost !
4) Get Mtv to pimp the shirt and get Xzibit (US version) and Tim Westwood (UK version) to fight over who actually gets to do the business (btw Tim Westwood to all you USA based readers is the white son of a vicar who thinks he is a gangsta and runs a nationally syndicated hip hop radio show).
5) Cut the shirt up and sell it to Topps who can do a Game-Used NFL Jason Taylor card – only problem is the limited edition bit would be a bit lacking as you would likely have over 1,000,000 swatches of shirt.
I’m sure the NFL blogging world will be buzzing with all the cliches about Dan Snyder buying a team, the second coming of the Over the Hill Gang, and the fact both the Skins and the Fins get good deals, but I bet a whole king-size PayDay that no-one has considered the consequence of a 20 ft tall Jason Taylor shirt !!!!!!!
PS – Get well soon Philip Daniels.